Thursday, May 8, 2014

Kindergarten Hooray!

Are you going to Kindergarten this Fall?

Toys: Instead of toys and free play today, we worked on a special surprise for our moms and dads. 

Snack: Goldfish and Ritz crackers, and Capri Suns (with individual names and lizards on them!  Thanks Ethan and Sydne for the extra fun "End of the Year" snack today.)

Books:
*When I was Five by Arthur Howard (Fun book to talk about.  What story would you tell about your best friend, secret hiding place, favorite dinosaur and car?)
Miss Bindergarten Stays Home From Kindergarten by Joseph Slate and Ashley Wolff (Days of the Week review, ABCs, etc.)

Activity: Today we worked on Mother's Day and Father's Day surprises for our parents.  "I love you, Mommy.  Here is how I will help you:  "  "I love you, Daddy.  Here is how I will help you:   "

We had a lot of fun wrapping up our drawings in paper (and practice with scissors, folding, and sticking tape).  

Memorable comments include Kayson shaking his finger with a piece of tape stuck on it over-and-over and then cracking a smile.  "(Teacher,) It likes me!"  Eleanor carried two rolls of paper in from the other room.  "I'm the strongest in my family!"  Dade, "(The wrapping paper rolled across the floor) It's REALLY long!"  William (smiling and waving his hand around), "(Teacher) It's tape!"


No comments:

Post a Comment